- Ensure the job you are applying for is suitable. It should match your skills and experience.
- Consider whether this is the industry you want to work in.
- Think about the company’s values and culture. Think about whether they are aligned with your expectations.
- Target your resume and cover letter for each specific job that you apply for.
- Practice the art of being interviewed. Ask your friends, family or a business contact to pose sample questions to you.
Top five interview tips
- Dress appropriately. Consider the work environment and dress accordingly.
- Prepare for the interview by researching the company/industry, so you understand the employer and think of examples from your own experiences that you can talk about.
- Make sure you are on time!
- Listen carefully to each question and ensure you answer the question concisely. If you don’t understand the question, ask for clarification.
- Try to relax – we want to get to know you!